The founder of More to Be and your host of the podcast, Elisa Pulliam, is joined by friend and special guest, Jennifer Dukes Lee, for a power-packed discussion about our identity in Christ. They wind their way through the Scriptures, looking at what it means to be “the one whom Jesus keeps on loving” and how that changes everything about how we live and can place our trust in God’s plans. This episode is full of encouragement for the gal that struggles with letting go of control along with offering biblical hope, wisdom, and a good laugh about mammograms . . .
There’s not an off-ramp for metrics. You’re groomed on the on-ramp. – Elisa
Maybe your 40s is your off-ramp season . . . when you come to terms with the answer, “no.” – Elisa
Jesus was the defining relationship in John’s life. – Jennifer
We will always surrender our lives to the defining love or influence in our life. – Jennifer
What is the defining love and influence in your life? – Jennifer
If we love anyone or anything more than God, then that is our idol . . . that is what we are a “disciple” to. – Elisa
Are we going to sit next to Jesus, secure in our identity or looking a Jesus from afar? – Jennifer
Beloved: The disciple whom Jesus keeps on loving. – Jennifer
We are the ones Jesus keeps on loving. – Jennifer
You are not the Christ. – Jennifer
I want women to have a fresh encounter with God and not a fresh encounter with me. – Elisa
Their conversation ties in perfectly to Jennifer’s newest book and bible study, It’s All Under Control: A Journey of Letting Go, Hanging On, and Finding a Peace You Almost Forgot Was Possible. Learn more about the book here, take the It’s All Under Control Quiz, and check out the Busy to Best Challenge!
- John, the Beloved – John 13:23, John 19:26, John 20:2, John 21:20, John 21:7
- John, the Baptist – John 1:19-32
Notable Links & Mentions
- Want to experience coach training for yourself? Sign up for the next coach training course here.
- Would you like to experience life coaching for yourself and receive help as you unpacking your identity in Christ? Check out this package!
- Unblinded Faith: Gaining Spiritual Sight Through Believing God’s Word
- Grab theR.A.W. Scripture Study Method and join us in the More to Be Tribe Facebook Group.
- Use the More to Be Podcast Reflection Guide to turn this episode into your own personal Bible study.
- It’s All Under Control by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- Connect with Jennifer at jenniferdukeslee.com
Share & Bless
If you’ve been blessed by this podcast, then hope you’ll show your support by share it with your friends and family! We would also be so grateful for you to rate and review our podcast wherever you listen.
Join the Sisterhood
The best way to support the ministry of More to Be & the More to Be Podcast is to become a More to Be Sisterhood Circle Member. With your purchase, you’ll gain access to our signature courses and resources plus receive advanced notification of new resources, trainings, and special sales. Click here to Become a Sister. Upon check-out, enter coupon code “Podcast” for a special discount.