Would you say you’re searching for contentment? Does it feel like everything you want it just out of reach?
Maybe you feel like you’re chasing the wind. Maybe you’ve tried to yield your desires to the Lord, but it doesn’t feel like He’s noticing one bit.
In this episode of the More to Be Podcast, we set out to answers these questions and more through considering what God has to say about contentment and longing, inspired by this month’s R.A.W. Scripture Study Method verses. Turns out we had a lot to learn and could have chatted for another hour!
You’ll be encouraged to not give up searching for contentment, for when you find it you’re bound to experience unexpected blessings from the Lord.
Part one kicks off with our confessions — Kalie and I both share our struggles with trusting God for the desires tucked away in their hearts. We look at King Solomon’s wisdom and peer into Hannah’s surrender of her son to the Lord. Part 2 begins by diving right into Paul’s letter to the Philippians . . . and us.
Wherever you are, be all there. – Jim Elliot
I had to wait, but look at what we learn in the waiting. – Kalie
A “no” is always painful in the moment. – Elisa
Hannah receives the deepest desire of her heart because she completely gave it up to God. – Kalie
It doesn’t matter how much we have, we’ll never feel like we have enough. – Elisa
Scripture Focus & Application Questions
- Proverbs 13:12
- Ecclesiastes 6:9
- Philippians 4:10-14
- What are your priorities?
- What do you need to let go of?
- How do you need to surrender to God?
- What do you need to grieve a loss of in order to accept what you have?
- What do you need to let go of to receive the better?
- How can you use your time and resources for God’s glory?
Notable Links & Mentions
- Want to gain insight about how God has wired you? The Highlands Ability Battery is one of the best life assessments you can use, especially with Elisa’s insights and personalized coaching approach.
- Unblinded Faith: Gaining Spiritual Sight Through Believing God’s Word
- Grab theR.A.W. Scripture Study Method and join us in the More to Be Tribe Facebook Group.
- Use the More to Be Podcast Reflection Guide to turn this episode into your own personal Bible study.
Share & Bless
If you’ve been blessed by this podcast, then hope you’ll show your support by share it with your friends and family! We would also be so grateful for you to rate and review our podcast wherever you listen.
Join the Sisterhood
The best way to support the ministry of More to Be & the More to Be Podcast is to become a More to Be Sisterhood Circle Member. With your purchase, you’ll gain access to our signature courses and resources plus receive advanced notification of new resources, trainings, and special sales. Click here to Become a Sister. Upon check-out, enter coupon code “Podcast” for a special discount.