There are many ways to go about identifying personalities, spiritual gifts, and learning styles. As I mention in Meet the New You: A 21-Day Plan for Embracing Fresh Attitudes & Focused Habits for Real Life Change, I recommend the following tools as a great starting point for discovering your God-given wiring. Keep in mind that I can not guarantee the results of the assessment tests nor what they stand for theologically.
Whole Person Approach with Highlands
The Highlands Company Assessment Battery is excellent for determining your God-given abilities, ideal work environment, and a comprehensive understanding of your God-given wiring. As a certified Highlands Consultant, I’d be honored to walk through this assessment process with you. You can learn more here.
The following personality assessments are available online for free and will give you a comprehensive look at your personality type.
- 16 Personalities based on the JUNG Test: http://www.16personalities.com/
- Explanation of MBTI Results: https://www.cpp.com/products/mbti/index.aspx
- Descriptions of Personalities: http://www.truity.com/view/types
- JUNG Test: http://similarminds.com/jung_word.html
- Visual of JUNG Results: https://www.cpp.com/contents/type-heads.aspx
- DISC Test: http://www.123test.com/disc-personality-test/
- Wired that Way (Print Version Only)
Spiritual Gifts Assessments
These spiritual gift assessments will enable you to see the way the different spiritual gifts manifest in the body of Christ as you begin to pinpoint your own gifting.
These learning style assessments will give you a perspective on what the learning styles look like in an academic setting.
Have you ever considered how you like to express love and be loved? This assessment will help you see the five unique love languages and your preferred way of giving and receiving love.
A temperament is another way of describing personality type. This unique assessment will offer you an interesting perspective, especially if you find define yourself as strong-willed.
- Practical Advice for the Strong Willed Wife, a broadcast on Focus on the Family with an assessment test here.
Uncover the Beauty of Your Wiring
If you would like to uncover the beauty of your God-given wiring and how to make it work for you, consider the benefits of life coaching! Through one-on-one sessions, we can unpack how your personality type, as well as learning style and spiritual gifting, influences your strengths and weaknesses, and then consider how that plays out in your relationships and responsibilities.